Thursday 15 December 2011

Candles and Christmas Trees

Christmas is almost here – racing up on me – every time I blink it’s a little bit closer. The school holidays are about to start. Let the festivities begin!


Looking back over my recent blog posts I see I haven’t been telling you very much about my writing. That’s probably because I don’t have anything big or exciting to report. I’ve spent the year rewriting, and rewriting. And between the rewriting I’ve been working on the WIP.

I have to have something on the boil in the background. Whenever I’m waiting to hear back about the first novel I can open the file and vanish into a different world, re-acquaint myself with a new set of characters, and stop worrying about what happens next.

And now here I am, as the year draws to a close, and I’ve just written those wonderful words – ‘The End’.

It’s a first draft – very rough I admit and I need to give it a thorough working over. But everything I’ve learned over the past year has gone into it – and you know what? I’m really quite excited about it.

Will it fly? Who knows? Will 2012 be the year? I hope so.

But for now I must mull wine and bake mince pies. I’d just like to wish all my blog readers a Merry Christmas and wish you all publishing success in 2012. Thank you for joining me on my journey.

14 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas, Kate. And all the best for 2012. Funny, isn't it, how writing 'the end' is only the beginning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas - and an excellent 2012, especially for the writing. Cat (from Downunder)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas Kate, and good luck with your second draft ( I always feel the same about my first drafts, but they're always the stepping-stone to constant improvement )!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on the second revision of the first novel, but I absolutely had to do the same and have something else going on too. Book the second only has one and a half chapters though, so I half envy you your 'The End'. Merry Christmas - here's to publishing news in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys - have a virtual mince pie - nice and warm - straight from the oven ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy Christmas to you too, Kate. And, may we all have success in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice tree. I really hope that WIP does take off for you in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a very happy Christmas too, Kate. My 2011 has been all about the rewriting, so I am looking forward to the joy of a first draft in 2012.

    Onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas, and well done! You must feel a real sense of completion finishing at the end of the year. Envious!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. rewriting AND writing a WIP, AND YOU FINISHED? amazing <3 applause for you :) and happy holidays <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all. Have a great holiday. Normal blogging will resume in 2012.

    Nice slice of stollen waiting for me now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to end the year! All the best for 2012, Kate and have a wonderful Christmas. PS Stollen sounds nice, must add that to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kate,
    What a wonderful way to end the year for you. Indeed, a first draft, but what the heck, you are feeling good about it. I'm very pleased for you and what a positive result.
    May you have a peaceful Christmas and a positive 2012. All the very best and continued happy writing.
    With respect and kind wishes, Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a gorgeous tree. Have a Happy New Year and I can't wait to hear about the manuscript you've been working on.

    ReplyDelete

Please share you thoughts, I'd love to hear from you....