Friday 18 October 2024

SPSFC4 - Adding to my TBR (3)

 


I’m working my way through the entries for this year’s Self Published Science Fiction Competition (SPSFC4) and my TBR (To be Read) pile continues to grow. The next two being added to the list are:

Ancient as the Stars by Maya Darjani

This book came to my attention because one of the other SPSFC4 contestants was raving about it. So I took a look. What a great concept – older meets younger self. I love stuff like this and it throws open the potential for all manner of interesting conflicts and paradoxes. A solid first chapter and this is definitely one for the list.

Centauri’s Shadow by Ross Garner

From the blurb there is a lot going on in this one including alien invasion and Martian colonies. All good solid SF elements. But it was the first chapter that really got me. So many questions! There is a real power to this scene, a poignancy that connects me at once to the characters, an urgency to the impending peril they face. These events are clearly going to influence what comes next. I can’t wait to read more and find out what that is!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share you thoughts, I'd love to hear from you....