Friday 11 October 2024

SPSFC4 - Adding to my TBR (1)

 


SPSFC4 – The Self Published Science Fiction Competition 4 has started. Books have been allocated and the judges have started reading. But while the judges are reading what is there for us to do while we wait to see if our books make it through to the next round? Why check out some of the amazing Science Fiction on offer of course. 

Over the next couple of months I will be checking out the books entered into the competition. There are 188 of them so this is going to take a while. I’ll be picking out the ones that catch my eye and sharing them with you here and on my socials.

So join me as I build my TBR (To be Read) list of some amazing Science Fiction. And here are the first two.

Turn Left at the Mooncrow Skeleton by Linda Raedisch

I’ll confess that this one I’ve actually read! The first one of this contest and I will be posting a review here in due course. This book caught my eye because it includes a race of people called Tyrrhenians and my own entry into the competition also has a group of people called Tyrrhenians. But needless to say our Tyrrhenians are all very different.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I strongly recommend it!

Drowning Earth by Sean Wilson

This one had me at the word submarine. I’m an oceanographer by trade and I love nothing more than an underwater adventure. The first chapter lived up to my expectations. I can’t wait to get my teeth into this one. Onto the TBR pile it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share you thoughts, I'd love to hear from you....