Thursday 4 December 2008

It came to me in a dream...

I woke up this morning with the most brilliant idea for a novel. I was buzzing with excitement as I stumbled through to the bathroom, shivering in the grey chill of dawn. When I flicked on the lights the grey turned to black outside and I stood in the shower as the water stirred me from sleep into wakefulness, mulling over my dream – my story – it was wonderful, so unique, so original, everything linked together so well…

But wait a moment… I blinked; more awake now…what was that? A gaping plot hole? And another? And the MC? Talk about one dimensional! And how could I have possibly thought THAT would work – it was ludicrous – preposterous!

I laughed. I was awake now and the dream was vanishing in the grey dawn light. There was no story – no plot, no great idea for the next big thing. For a dream was really all it was.

No matter – I’ll just have to stick with the WIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share you thoughts, I'd love to hear from you....