Monday 9 February 2009

Writing Weather

The rain has been pounding down all day washing away the last of the snow. Rivers and roads are one and the same and where I once looked out on fields all I can see is a brown muddy lake. The Frome has burst her banks (not that she ever needs much encouragement to do that!!) and I’m so glad that I live on a hill!

The wind is lashing rain against my windows, but my fire is warm. This is good weather to get some writing done – and as I’m writing about a flood at the moment it’s rather appropriate.

Winter for me is the best time to write – the time when I get the most done. For, come the summer with light nights and sunny days the fields and the valleys will call me, and I’ll be heading for the beach instead. (Assuming we have a decent summer this year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share you thoughts, I'd love to hear from you....