Thursday 16 February 2012

A Feast of a Festival

There’s an exciting new Festival coming to Somerset – The Brympton festival which will include literature, music and art as well as fine food and lots more.

There’s an impressive lineup of authors – and an exciting programme of events. And guess what - I’m going to be one of the authors taking part.

On the evening of Friday 20th April I will be part of a panel of authors who have been successful in the Yeovil Prize. We have been asked to talk about what our success in the prize has meant for us as writers.

I have to admit I feel like a bit of a poor relative at this one – all the other authors on the panel have already got book deals for their successful novels while I am still at the Agented but not yet Published stage. I’m also the only one who writes children’s books and Sci-Fi!

Lets’ hope a bit of their success rubs off on me.

In case you are interested here are the websites of the other authors on the panel:

BA Morton
Terri Armstrong
Jackie Gingell

And you can find details of the Brympton festival here:

11 comments:

  1. That is great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful opportunity! As the only children's author on the panel, you will have a unique perspective to offer. And congratulations on being represented by The Greenhouse Literary Agency! I look forward to hearing about your publishing successes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, I might try and get there-not sure if I am in Somerset that weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, and publication will come. Your 'first prize' is being with Greenhouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is this?

    I absolutely admire people who can do things like this - I'd be useless at such things! It looks like a gorgeous place to be for the day too. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all, I'm looking forward to it - should be quite an experience! I definately let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from the campaign! Ditto what Celesta said. I would love to be as far along as you are. Instead I feel like I fell right off that cliff in your previous post. Two critiques came back from authors I really like, but they didn't like my book at all! Too much craziness they didn't understand. So I'm rewriting in first person and put a new intro on my blog to better prepare adults for something that's more like James and the Giant Peach than the serious SF/fantasy they expected from the first few chapters. Sigh. How much is enough? I'd love to hear your opinion at http://sherahart.blogspot.com, next to last post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll have a blast, and you won't be like the poor relative at all! Every published author has been either agented-but-not-yet-published or just plain unpublished at some point in their career, and you've published quite a bit of short fiction anyway. So there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm. I appear to have been missed off the programme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds fantastic, Kate and I wouldn't worry, everyone has their own neuroses, they'll all feel inadequate in their own sweet ways, you'll see! Enjoy, you'll be great.

    ReplyDelete

Please share you thoughts, I'd love to hear from you....