Monday 5 October 2009

One Step Forwards

And two steps back. At least, that’s what it feels like. Although in reality it’s actually all forwards.

What am I talking about you ask? The answer is that elusive gold-dust of Agent feedback.

I’ve posted about my Agent hunt before, and I know I’ve been quiet on the subject – well that was because I was busy rewriting, and then resubmitting, and now…. More Agent feedback, and it’s back to the drawing board.

I was just about to crack on with the WIP, but that will have to wait. There’s another rewrite to be done for this one, and some major changes to be made.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, thank you so much for the comment. Yes, when I look at it that way, I'm 500 words further ahead than I was yesterday.

    With rewrites and the agent hunt, you probably feel like you're going round in circles sometimes. I know the frustrating feeling of being almost there but not quite.

    Waaaay back when I was trying for an agent/publisher and feeling like I was getting nowhere, I came upon a very simple strategy. If I gave up, I would never be published. So I just had to keep going.

    Good luck, and keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with it Kate - I am sure you will get there.

    (It is the other Kate from the coffee morning in case you forgot me)

    Kate C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Sorry it's so tough. Was it one or more agents you heard from? They can frequently be contradictory, so take heart. The thing you do that turns one off can lure in another in.

    What is it you're reworking at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your support. And in answer to Helen's question, it is the same Agent that gave me the last lot of feedback. I had persuaded him to let me resubmit which I did, and now he's given me a load more. What he says rings true, AND he's asked me to resubmit, so it's a positive step. Not offer on the table as yet though.

    The other Agent who had promised me feedback never made good on her word - and never sent me my MSS back either - grr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate,

    I've just found your blog. It sounds like we're at a similar sort of stage with our writing! The Agent Hunt is somewthign I'm very familiar with ..

    Just wanted to say I've become a follower.

    ReplyDelete

Please share you thoughts, I'd love to hear from you....